In this period when agriculture is considered most sure – bet for achieving sustainable economic development and food -sufficiency, the emergence of Amana Farmers and Grains Suppliers Association of Nigeria (AFGASAN) has come in handy.
The Association held its periodic meeting in the city of Zaria, Kaduna State where very important personalities and dignitaries attended the gathering. To mention just a few were:
- Representatives of Kaduna states Governor, Speaker of the Kaduna state House of Assembly and His Royal Highness the Emir of Zazzau.
- Commissioner of Agriculture and some Directors of the Ministry
From Kebbi state
Representative of His Excellency Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu ably represented by His active Personal Assistant, Alhaji Faruku Enabo in company of
- Honourable Commissioner For state Independent Electoral Commission, Alhaji Mustapha Ka’oje
- ALGON Boss Kebbi state, Alhaji Abdullahi Andarai
- Alhaji Hello Danakani.
- Alhaji Abdulmalik Haliru Milton
- Abdulkarim AD
- Babangida Sarki
- Honourable Nasiru Longu
- Alhaji Dawussu Mohammed
- Alhaji Malami Kush
- State chairman of Amana Farmers and Grain Suppliers of Nigeria Alhaji Atiku Ciroma and all state Executives and so on.
After the swearing – in of Kaduna state Executives of the Association, the National leadership through its president praised the Governor of Kebbi state Senator Abubakar Atku Bagudu for being most sensitive and friendly governor to agriculture.They expressed happiness for the open – hand reception he accorded to them when they were in kebbi state for the swearing – in of Kebbi executives of the Association, in furtherance to this, he called upon other Governors to emulate the leadership style of Governor Bagudu.
In his response, PA Faruku Enabo assured them of Kebbi state government’s continuous support and promised hosting their National meeting at Birnin Kebbi the Kebbi state Headquarters.
Aliyu Bandado Argungu
Coordinator/Senior Special Assistant (New Media) To the Governor of Kebbi state