Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari, has given approval for the appointment of executive members of the National Commission for Persons with Disabilities (PLWDs).
Buhari said Monday that the commission will be chaired by a former House of Representatives member from Kebbi State, Hussaini Kangiwa.
Also, James David Lalu from the North-east was named the Executive Secretary.
According Femi Adesina, presidential spokesperson, the appointment stems from the Discrimination Against Persons with Disabilities (Prohibition) Act 2019.
Quoting the provisions of the Act, the president noted that the commission shall be headed by a part-time chairman and six members who shall be persons with disabilities representing the geo-political zones of the federation.
The appointment is also “subject to confirmation of the Senate for a four-year term of office in the first instance, and may be reappointed for a second term of four years and no more.”
- ENDSARS: Kebbi Governor interacts with representatives of Coalition of Northern Groups
- MAIZE ASSOCIATION TRAINS AGGREGATION COMMITTEE IN KEBBI STATE
- Kebbi female farmers benefit from the Agricultural ICT skills training from National center for women development
- End insecurity now: Kebbi Youths protests against Poor leadership
- Kebbi ATASP-1 COMMITTEE INSPECTS PROJECTS IN ARGUNGU- AUGIE
“The Executive Secretary, who shall be responsible to the Council for the implementation of the policies and administration of the daily affairs of the Commission, shall also be a Person with Disability with a five-year tenure in the first instance, and may be reappointed for a second term and no more,” Mr Adesina added.
Below are the names, designations and geo-political zones of members of the management team of the commission:
1. Hussaini Suleiman Kangiwa – Chairman – North West
2. Oparaku Onyejelam Jaja – Member – South East
3. Philomena Isioma Konwea – Member – South South
4. Omopariola Busuyi Oluwasola – Member – South West
5. Amina Rahma Audu – Member – North West
6. Esther Andrew Awu – Member – North Central
7. Abba Audu Ibrahim – Member – North East
8. James David Lalu – Executive Secretary – North Central
Categories: Kebbi News Now