Karofi, Bello not part of Kebbi Concerned Citizens Initiative – Officials
Kebbi Concerned Citizens Initiative KCC, in a statement issued today through its official Social Media handle has said neither Malam Nasiru Karofi former Director General nor Ibrahim Bello, former Director Administration and Human Resource (Jikan Dede) were members of the organization.
The statement said “Malam Nasiru Karofi seized to be the Director General of KCC as was unanimously relieved on 15th September, 2019 as he attested in his disclaimer”
According to reports, KCC found “that DoA in person of Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) tarnished the image of KCCi in the face of KESIEC officials by making false statement on the amount he received, which initially mentioned N150,000:00, and when some KCCi directors went to KESIEC to confirm it was found that the sum of N200,000 was collected by DoA, Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede)”
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
Read full statement issued here:
OUR POSITION ON NASIRU KAROFI AND IBRAHIM BELLO (JIKAN DEDE)
The attention of KCC has been drowned on a disclaimer released by one Nasiru Karofi in connivance with Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) both former Directors of Kebbi Concerned Citizens Initiative concerning the letter written to the President and National Assembly on the need to set up a panel of investigation on the series of allegations leveled against the Minister of Justice/ Attorney General Abubakar Malami SAN.
To set the record straight, KCC wish to notify the public on the following:
1. Malam Nasiru Karofi seized to be the Director General of KCC as was unanimously relieved on 15th September, 2019 as he attested in his disclaimer. The decision followed his expression of interest to contest the Chairmanship position of Kalgo Local Government under the All Progressives Congress (APC). A decision in conformity with the constitution of KCCi.
After the election, a committee was set up with Aliyu Garba as the head, Yusuf Abubakar and Shehu S. Kudu to sympathize with Karofi on his failure in the election and invite him back to KCC. The committee met with him and promised to return, a promise he failed to fulfill.
From 27th Nov 2019, till date he has not attended a single KCCI meeting.
2. On 24th November, 2019, a committee was set up to investigate the misappropriation of KCC’s funds by the former Director Administration and Human Resource Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede)
3. The committee under the Chairmanship of Deputy Director General Mal. Aliyu Garba with two other members Ibrahim Ngaski and Alh Shehu S. Kudu made the following findings:
i. The committee finds that DoA in person of Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) tarnished the image of KCCi in the face of KESIEC officials by making false statement on the amount he received, which initially mentioned N150,000:00, and when some KCCi directors went to KESIEC to confirm it was found that the sum of N200,000 was collected by DoA, Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede)
ii. Of the N200,000 collected from KESIEC the DoA Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) only gave the DoF the sum of N70,000 leaving a balance of N130,000 yet to be handed over to KCCi
ii. that the sum of N10,000 was deliberately been collected from the DoF as against the amount approved by the Board of Directors for the purpose of Election observations by Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede)
iii. The Committee also found that from the funds approved and release for the payment of election observers to the Directors, up till the time of Committee sitting one of the Directors have not been paid his allowances of N10,000 and the balance of N25,000 which has not been utilized,
iv. The 50,000 donated by Najakku could not be accounted for by the DoA, (Ibrahim Bello Jikan Dede) but he was asked to submit an evidence on how he spent the funds.
4. The committee recommended the following action on Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede)
i. The Director of Admin in person of Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) MUST pay the sum of N165,000 to KCCi and he agreed to pay back the money on or before the 2nd week of December, 2019. Jikan Dede refunded N20,000 cash to Director Finance and later another N30,000 to Director Resource Mobilization through a bank transfer. (Evidence of the transaction attached). Jikan Dede still owe KCC N115,000
ii. The Director of Admin (Ibrahim Bello, Jikan Dede) should as a matter of important furnish the committee a copy of an evidence of expenditure of the funds received from Najakku or risk the refund of the N50,000, which he promised to provide within 2 days time with effect from 27th of November, 2019
iii. Director of Admin (Ibrahim Bello Jkan Dede) to be suspended for 3 months for tarnishing the image of the organization so that it can serve as deterrent to others
iv. All KCCi materials, items equipment under the custody of DoA (Ibrahim Bello Jikan Dede) should be returned to KCCi
5. Subsequent to the result of the investigation and the resolutions, on 14th December, 2019 Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) pleaded to be relieved from his responsibility and Atiku Ibrahim was assigned to Act as Director Administration and Human Resource. The office was later disintegrated into two with Atiku Ibrahim heading the Human Resource.
THE LETTER TO PRESIDENT AND NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
6. On Sunday 19th July, 2020 at a regular KCC meeting, the meeting that was announced two times (18th & 19th) through a circular by the Director Publicity, the resolution was reached to uphold and follow up the ultimatum giving to Attorney General by writing to President and National Assembly should Incase he failed to clear himself on the allegations.
Response the baseless and shameful allegation on the validity of the Board of Director’s resolution inrespect of the issue under reference, we wish to state categorically that the following Directors were in attendance at the meeting held on Sunday the 19th of July, 2020 at whose instance the resolution was reached:
Deputy Director General
Bashar Buhari A.
Director strategy and Planning
Ibrahim A Ngaski, CRA
Director Resource Mobilisation
Mal. Atta B. BK
Director of Admin/Sec
Ibrahim Bello jikaDede
Joined via zoom
Dr.Zulkifilu M Argungu
Zonal Kebbi North
Deputy director Planning & strategy
Abdullahi Bello Umar
Absent with Apology
Director Gender and inclusion
Atiku Abubakar Ibrahim
Director Human Resources
Absent without Apology
Zonal Kebbi south
Aliyu Haliru Bunza
Director Youths. And Students.
The big questions are:
Where is Nasiru Karofi and Ibrahim Bello (Jikan Dede) when the ultimatum was issued?
Why didn’t Karofi and Jikan Dede exonerate themselves from the ultimatum and make similar disclaimer?
Information at our disposal reveals that, some unscrupulous expired hoax are paid to obtain signatures from our Directors with the aim of publishing on National Daily a further disclaimer. This is not only delusive but a wrong approach of finding solace. We expected these crooks if they truely rally round the AGF to advice him to uphold his position on the ultimatum issued on 13th July through his spokesman of sueing Sahara Reporters for failing to retract the allegations published.
We want the good people of Kebbi State to note that, KCC will remain resolute and committed to its objectives rest assured that no amount of threat, intimidation or abuse by accomplices and sympathizers will derail us.