Kebbi rehabilitates sixty-five faulty transformers
Kebbi State Government has embarked on rehabilitation of sixty-five faulty transformers of varying capacities for cost effectiveness to ensuring regular electricity supply to the state capital Birnin Kebbi.
In addition, twenty new transformers of 330KVA capacity have been procured and awaiting installation.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Matters and Coordinator on Energy, Alhaji Yusuf Haruna Rasheed conducted newsmen round the facilities at the headquarters of the Kebbi State Rural Electricity Board, REB, in Birnin Kebbi.
He explained that the government decided to effect repairs on the faulty transformers instead of discarding them for new ones to save cost and ensure continuity of uninterrupted power supply.
The Special Adviser added that the provision of electricity with regularity was in line with the policy thrust of incumbent administration of Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu on industrialization drive for economic development.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
Alhaji Yusuf Haruna Rasheed gave an assurance that all parts of the state would soon enjoy power supply uninterrupted.
The General Manager of the REB, Engineer Bello Liman Zauro accompanied the Special Adviser to the site of the transformers.
Abubakar Mu’azu Dakingari
Chief Press Secretary
17th August, 2020