Npower news today on stipends, Sadiya Umar Farouq and updates from Federal govt
According to Npower news today, the Honorable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq has said her office will continue to cater for the wellbeing of Nigerians including npower beneficiaries today.
While beneficiaries of npower are yet to receive payment for June Stipend, news has it that Farouq said she was satisfied working with the media in delivering her mandate.
On npower news 2020, Full details posted on her Social Media handle this week reads:
1. On Friday, Aug 7, 2020, I held an interactive session with members of the Nigerian Union of Journalists. I thanked them for being worthy partners in the work we do. I also reminded them about the critical role of the media in disseminating accurate information.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
2. On Thursday, Aug 6, 2020, we bid farewell to Mr. Jalal Arabi immediate past Permanent Secretary
@FMHDSD as he retires after decades of impeccable service to the Federal Government. Mr. Arabi, our 3rd PS in under one year was a committed team player and stabilizing factor. He will be missed.
3. On Wednesday, Aug 5, 2020, I attended the virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting which was presided over by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari. Urgent matters of state were deliberated upon with key decisions taken.
4. I also reiterated the flood warning issued by the National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA). She noted that based on the Seasonal Rainfall Prediction (SRP) & Annual Flood Outlook (AFO) released by the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency in June, NEMA has warned of imminent flood in 102 LGAs across 28 states during this year’s rainy season putting over 500 communities at risk. NEMA has sent out early warning signals to help us prepare for and mitigate the effect of flooding. The Frontline States and LGAs are advised to sensitize vulnerable communities in preparation for safe evacuation in the event of flooding.
Many N-Power beneficiaries were however angry after the highlights given by the Minister as she nothing about the npower news making rounds on outstanding payment for the beneficiaries