Jibril Aliyu: Kebbi Deputy Gov warns against inhumane treatments by guardians
Sama’ila Yombe Dabai, Deputy Governor of Kebbi State has described the attitude deployed by guardians of 10 year old Jibril Aliyu as inhumane.
Jibrin, who was chained along with livestock by his step Mothers and Father in Badariya area, Birnin Kebbi, the State Capital, lost his biological mother about 2 years ago.
Rtd Col Yombe Dabai, Monday, expressed dismay on receiving the heart touching story of innocent Jibrin where his parents chained and forced him to eat animal feeds for barely two years.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
The Deputy Governor applauded the rapid response by the Governor of Kebbi State, Sen Abubakar Atiku Bagudu as well as stakeholders, Security, Pressmen, charity organizations in rescuing Jibrin from the wicked parents.
He called on the public to be at alert and report any suspicious activities of individuals or group of individuals to the appropriate authority for legal action. He further said after findings by the Police, the suspects must be brought to book to serve as deterrent to others.
The Deputy Governor added that the State Government will not regret taking any drastic measures against the erring parents.
August 11, 2020.