Bagudu orders investigation into abandoned Jamilu’s case
In a swift reaction to the discovery of a maltreated 10 year old boy in Badariya area Birnin Kebbi township, His Excellency Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu has ordered for an immediate investigation into the whole matter (of inhuman treatment of the boy).
This will excavate the causes and the failures of those whose duty is to protect both children and adults. Moreover, the social welfare officials of the entire Local Governments across the state will be quizzed and investigated. This will serve as a wake up notice to other sectors (across the state).
The Honourable Commissioner Ministry For Local Government and Chieftancy Affairs Rt. Hon. Hassan Muhammad Shalla Gwandu along with Special Adviser Women Affairs Hajia Zara’u Wali, ALGON Chairman Barr. Shehu Marshal and Chairman Birnin Kebbi Local Government Hon. Aminu S/Fada have been mandated with the task.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
His Excellency expressed great sadness and worry that young Jibril was failed not only by his parents, but by neighbours and the entire system. He thus called on all the members of the society to be more vigilant and be their neighbours keepers. Finally, social welfare officers are advised to take their work more serious.
Aliyu Bandado Argungu
Coordinator/Senior Special Assistant (New Media)
To the Governor of Kebbi State