Lawan empowers 300 youths with weddings in Yobe
- Kebbi to spend over N464 millions on projects, empowerment of vulnerable persons
- Governor addresses 118 district heads in Kebbi
- Kebbi Gov approves allocation of 22,000 residential plots
- Kebbi Deputy Governor’s Tribute To Fallen Heroes
- Bagudu sympathises with trailer accident victims in Argungu
Senate President Ahmad Lawan has said he was set to sponsor the weddings of 300 couples in his senatorial district of Yobe North.
The district comprises six local government areas of Bade, Jakusko, Machina, Yusufari, Nguru and Karasuwa.
A statement by the Special Assistant (Press) to the Senate President, Ezrel Tabiowo, said qualifications for the gesture entail that the intending couple is of marriageable age and with nobody or means at all to finance their wedding.