Lawan empowers 300 youths with weddings in Yobe
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
Senate President Ahmad Lawan has said he was set to sponsor the weddings of 300 couples in his senatorial district of Yobe North.
The district comprises six local government areas of Bade, Jakusko, Machina, Yusufari, Nguru and Karasuwa.
A statement by the Special Assistant (Press) to the Senate President, Ezrel Tabiowo, said qualifications for the gesture entail that the intending couple is of marriageable age and with nobody or means at all to finance their wedding.