Abubakar Malami, SAN, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation has ordered the Inspector General of Police to provide security for the 17 Edo All Progressives Congress Lawmakers.
The 17 lawmakers who are with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate, have been locked in a battle to access the Edo Assembly complex on Ring Road, Benin with seven lawmakers loyal to Governor Godwin Obaseki.
- Emeka Offor Foundation donates 3000 bags of rice to flood victims in Kebbi
- EndSARS: Kebbi Deputy Governor commends Gov Bagudu, Citizens over peaceful conduct
- First Kebbi Women Entrepreneurs’ summit holds Nov. 11th to 13th
- Bagudu greets Muslim Ummah on Eid el Maulud
- Deputy Governor tasks Muslims on religious tolerance and peaceful co-existence
In a letter dated August 5 based on a petition to his office by Idahosa-West Chambers, Malami said the security measure is necessary to prevent breakdown of law and order.