Malami asks IG to provide security for 17 Edo lawmakers
Abubakar Malami, SAN, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation has ordered the Inspector General of Police to provide security for the 17 Edo All Progressives Congress Lawmakers.
The 17 lawmakers who are with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate, have been locked in a battle to access the Edo Assembly complex on Ring Road, Benin with seven lawmakers loyal to Governor Godwin Obaseki.
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
- National Shea Products Association of Nigeria (NASPAN) establishes Committees to revitalize the sector
In a letter dated August 5 based on a petition to his office by Idahosa-West Chambers, Malami said the security measure is necessary to prevent breakdown of law and order.