Malami asks IG to provide security for 17 Edo lawmakers
Abubakar Malami, SAN, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation has ordered the Inspector General of Police to provide security for the 17 Edo All Progressives Congress Lawmakers.
The 17 lawmakers who are with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate, have been locked in a battle to access the Edo Assembly complex on Ring Road, Benin with seven lawmakers loyal to Governor Godwin Obaseki.
- Kebbi South must brace up to take over in 2023, Abubakar Kalgo insists
- Bagudu condoles family of Late Dallatun Gwandu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Condoles With The Families Of Late Alh Salihu Attahiru Aliero
- Strike action in Kebbi suspended, Govt expends N20bn on retirement benefits
- Memo to Kebbi State Governor – Habibu Bawa
In a letter dated August 5 based on a petition to his office by Idahosa-West Chambers, Malami said the security measure is necessary to prevent breakdown of law and order.