Kebbi Group targets rural women for empowerment
As Kebbi continues to dominate the Nation’s Rice Value Chain with an annual production record reaching 2 million metric tonnes : Innovate Kebbi Initiative in Partnership with Nigeria Association of Small Scale Industrialists NASSI is to make Mini Rice Processing Mills available at affordable costs to thousands of Households and Cooperative groups in the State.
Coordinator of Innovate Kebbi Initiative Yahaya Umar Ibrahim Dan Illela stated this at public demonstration of Portable Mini Rice Processing Machines at Kalgo, Yar Yara and Wala areas
The Diesel powered Machine capable of processing one tonne of paddy rice per day also polishes it without any impurities and stones.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
It is a machine designed for all varieties of rice with standard, hygiene and quality embedded : the Coordinator assured.
Also speaking at the event, NASSI Vice Chairman Abubakar Bagudu Dallatun Kalgo said the collaboration will further compliment the success story recorded by Kebbi State in the Rice Production by promoting value addition and marketing innovations to make farming more robust and business-like.
Various Youth and Women groups indicated their interests in procuring the machines to expand the scope of their rice processing ventures in their respective communities.
The event was attended by Chairman of Kebbi Agric Social Media Abubakar Aliyu Gwandu and Faruku Bala Gwandu an SME operator from Gwandu among others