Gov Bagudu sets up Cttee to refund 2020 Hajj deposits to intending pilgrims
The Kebbi State Governor, Sen. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, has approved the setting up of a Committee to refund Hajj deposits to the affected intending pilgrims, who could not travel to the Holyland of Saudi Arabia for the exercise.
This followed the cancellation of the 2020 Hajj excercise by the Saudi Arabian Government, due to the Covid – 19 Pandemic.
This is contained in a document Signed and released by the Secretary to the State Government, Babale Umar Yauri, dated Thursday, August 6, 2020.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
The committee’s terms of reference include: To ensure the refund of the money collected from intending pilgrims, who were unable to perform the year 2020 Hajj excercise due to Covid-19 pandemic.
It will also ensure the refund of money deposited to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria( NAHCON),by the State Pilgrims Welfare Agency.
The Committee has two weeks within which to complete its assignment,as well as submit its report to the State Government.
Alhaji Haruna Abubakar Maitandu will serve as the Chairman of the committee, while Garba Salis Hamis, Liman Usman Suru, Lawal Mai Kwalla, Abubakar Atiku Alaramma and Zayyanu Shehu Sanka, Chairman, Hajj Guides are members.
Other members of the committee are : SP Aminu Sadiq, representative of the Kebbi State Police Command, Fahad Muktar, representative of SSS, while Kabiru Hassan Wasagu , the Acting Director, Exco will serve as its Secretary.
Special Adviser SA Media to Kebbi State Governor