6 ways to COVID-19 prevention: Simple steps to prevent corona virus
The following are 6 ways to COVID 19 prevention and simple steps to follow to reduce chances of getting infected by COVID-19, the novel corona virus:
1. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or sanitiser or wash them with soap and water regularly. Thoroughly washing of hands would kill viruses that may be on your hands.
2. Keep a distance between yourself and others about at least 2 metre (around six feet) apart. The reason is because, when someone coughs, sneezes or speaks they spray small liquid droplets (aerosols) from their nose or mouth. Being too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the virus if the person has been infected by covid 19.
- Bagudu condoles family of Late Dallatun Gwandu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Condoles With The Families Of Late Alh Salihu Attahiru Aliero
- Strike action in Kebbi suspended, Govt expends N20bn on retirement benefits
- Memo to Kebbi State Governor – Habibu Bawa
- Kebbi State Gov condoles Wamakko on death of Nephew
3. Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes. Once contaminated, your hands can transfer the virus to your mouth, nose or eyes from where the virus can enter your body and infect you.
4. Let go of crowded places.
5. Upon development of symptoms such as cough, headache and mild fever, which are linked to the COVID-19 infection, do well to stay home and self-isolate until you recover. Contact a doctor or seek formal medical advice. Check the state-wise helpline numbers here.
6. Wear a mask while leaving your house.
While COVID-19 is ravaging the world as cases being reported on a daily basis continue to rise, taking these steps can significantly reduce chances of getting infected by the virus.