Insecurity: Buhari says Service Chiefs are doing well
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has said he is convinced that the security chiefs are ‘doing their best’ to address the security challenges facing the country.
This is coming at the time worsts cases of insecurity are happening across the Northeastern part of Nigeria and across the country.
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
- National Shea Products Association of Nigeria (NASPAN) establishes Committees to revitalize the sector
Recall that in their separate resolutions, the National Assembly demanded the sack of military chiefs describing the surge of insecurity as lack of sincerity and strategy on the parts of the military leads.
The commendations by the president was made at the National Security Council meeting held at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, who addressed journalists after the meeting said “The President said to the Service Chiefs, ‘you are doing your best as far as I am concerned but there is still a lot more to be done. I am more concerned about the promise we made to the larger Nigerian society and I am ordering an immediate re-engineering of the entire security apparatus,’”
The NSA said President Buhari, however, ordered the security chiefs to reorganise their strategies.
“He has also directed that we must rejig our strategies both in terms of operations and intelligence. We must rejig our strategy to prevent further catastrophe; that we must bear in mind that we owe a duty that elected his government and at the end of the day, without securing the nation, all other things like revamping the economy and fighting corruption cannot be addressed.”