2020 WASSCE timetable ‘sin’ against Muslims -MURIC
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), a Nigerian Muslim group, has rejected the timetable for the forthcoming WASSCE describing it against Muslims in the Country.
- Deputy Governor Of Kebbi Reacts To Danko/Wasagu Killings, Urge People To Collaborate With Security Agents To Flush Out Bandits
- Bagudu commiserates with Poly students over inferno
- Kebbi to spend over N464 millions on projects, empowerment of vulnerable persons
- Governor addresses 118 district heads in Kebbi
- Kebbi Gov approves allocation of 22,000 residential plots
Professor Ishaq Akintola, MURIC’s director, disclosed that there are at least three clashes between the examination periods and Muslim prayers on Fridays
Due to the Muslim prayers on Fridays, Akintola asked the examination council to adjust the timetable.
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has rejected the schedule of the 2020 West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).
The Muslim group said the schedule clashed with the designated time for Muslims’ Friday prayers, Daily Trust reports. The WASSCE examinations will begin on Monday, August 17.
Reacting to the released timetable, MURIC said some of the subjects clash with the Jumua’ah (Friday) prayers, according to a statement qqby its director, Professor Ishaq Akintola.