2020 WASSCE timetable ‘sin’ against Muslims -MURIC
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), a Nigerian Muslim group, has rejected the timetable for the forthcoming WASSCE describing it against Muslims in the Country.
- Kebbi Govt secures $70m World Bank Grant to strengthen girl child Education – Bagudu
- Kebbi Deputy Governor State Receives State Taskforce Team On Immunization
- Kebbi State Govt Signs MoU With Max Airline To Promote Air Transportation
- Banditry: Kebbi Govt committed to protection of lives and properties, Bagudu vows
- Kebbi Deputy Governor Receives HYPADEC team On Courtesy Visit, Assures them Of State Govt. Support
Professor Ishaq Akintola, MURIC’s director, disclosed that there are at least three clashes between the examination periods and Muslim prayers on Fridays
Due to the Muslim prayers on Fridays, Akintola asked the examination council to adjust the timetable.
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has rejected the schedule of the 2020 West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).
The Muslim group said the schedule clashed with the designated time for Muslims’ Friday prayers, Daily Trust reports. The WASSCE examinations will begin on Monday, August 17.
Reacting to the released timetable, MURIC said some of the subjects clash with the Jumua’ah (Friday) prayers, according to a statement qqby its director, Professor Ishaq Akintola.