Kebbi State Peoples Redemption Party vows to cooperate with the APC in the state
Kebbi State Peoples Redemption Party (KB-PRP) has demonstrated its commitment to cooperate with the Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu led administration in the state.
In a statement issued today, Abubakar Dakingari, the State Publicity Secretary, although disagreeing with the spending habit of the government, said it shall continue to cooperate with the state government at all times in ensuring that people oriented programs are conceived and implemented for the benefits of all Kebbi citizens.
Read full statement issued here:
1. It has come to the notice of the Kebbi State Peoples Redemption Party (KB-PRP) that the state government has embarked on a spending spree by disbursing huge sums of money to some institutions including political parties.
2. This action is considered by the KB-PRP as not in tandem with the socio-economic development agenda of the state.
3. Consequently, Kebbi State citizens and genuine friends of Kebbi State are wondering whether at this point in time the state government should, in the face of millions of its citizens that are in poverty, embark on pacifying some few persons with public funds in the name of sallah gifts. This is in spite of the genuine demand by senior government workers in the state for payment of their entitlement; the leave grant, which is yet to be honoured. This is considered as unfair and inhumane.
4. The PRP has therefore reviewed this and other actions of government and has come to the conclusion that the present APC led administration in the state has become clueless and lack the vision to take the state to its rightful place in the comity of states. This is because while other states are reeling out achievements in concrete terms, this administration is only concerned about so-called stomach infrastructure, which has never been used as yardstick for measuring good governance.
5. It is in the light of the foregoing, therefore that the PRP wishes to disassociate itself from the largesse supposedly handed by the government over to registered political parties in the state. This is because it is against our party principle and ideology to be part of any forum of political parties that receives hand out from government.
6. For the avoidance of doubts, the PRP shall continue to cooperate with the state government at all times in ensuring that people oriented programs are conceived and implemented for the benefits of all Kebbi citizens.
7. While the Kebbi State PRP wishes all Kebbi State citizens happy Eid el-Adha, please keep safe and adhere to the COVID-19 protocols.
State Publicity Secretary
28th July, 2020