As part of its effort to promptly deliver the infrastructural component of the project, Kebbi-Sokoto Zonal Office of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program Phase One ( ATASP-1) conducted a week-long pre-bidding-activities; which is part of African Development Bank’s (AfDB) procurement procedure that includes pre- bidding-sites visits and conference before the actual bid opening and evaluation.
According to the Zonal Program Coordinator Dr. Aliyu Abubakar, the infrastructural activities were advertized on Daily Trust of 20th July, 2019 and the prospective contractors that purchased the bids have inspected the sites. The pre – bid conferences were held on the 19th, 21st and 22nd of August, 2019 to address questions, observations and concerns of the bidders. Dr. Aliyu also gave the breakdown of the economic infrastructure in the zone as follows :
PROPOSED IRRIGATION SCHEMES
Dugu Tsoho Irrigation Scheme (Shanga LGA, Kebbi State)
- Construction of 2.150km of water conveyance canal
- 5.400 km main canal
- 9.15km secondary canal
- 20.155 km field roads and various control structures at Dugu Tsoho Irrigation scheme
Gafara-Wawu Irrigation Scheme (Ngaski LGA, Kebbi State)
- Construction of 1.289km main canal
- 2.100km secondary canal
- 2.35 km embankment dyke
- 12.61km field roads and various control structures at Gafara-Wawu Irrigation Scheme, Ngaski LGA of Kebbi state
Dankwalle irrigation scheme ( Argungu LGA, Kebbi State)
- Construction of 650m of water conveyance canal
- 3.39 km main canal
- 3.69 km secondary canal
- 4.74 km filled roads and various control structures at Dankwalle irrigation scheme in Argungu Local Government of Kebbi state.
Suru irrigation scheme ( Suru LGA, Kebbi State)
- Construction of 2.85 km of water conveyance canal
- 2.55 km main canal
- 11.60 km secondary canal
- 19.25 km field roads and various control structure at Suru irrigation scheme in Suru Local Government of Kebbi state.
Dole Kaina Irrigation scheme ( Dandi LGA, Kebbi State )
- Construction of 3.5 km of water conveyance canal.
- 3.20 km main canal
- 6.25 km secondary canal
- 17.14 km field roads and various control structures at Dole Kaina irrigation scheme Dandi Local Government of Kebbi state.
- Kware irrigation scheme ( Sokoto state)
- Desilting of Kware Lake channelization head work
- Water resources development
- Flood embankment dyke
- 8 km water conveyance and
- Construction of Kware irrigation scheme (450 ha)
• Farkon Sarki-Bayawa Road – 15.50 Km -Argungu LGA
• Argungu-Dankwale Road – 1Km -Argungu LGA
• Kaoje-Buya Road – 11Km -Bagudo LGA
• Kamba-Tukurwa Road – 6 Km – Dandi LGA
• Goron Yamma-Kamba Road -2Km- Dandi LGA
• Giron Masa- Nasarawa Road -8Km –Shanga LGA
• Giron Masa- Sawashi-Shanga Road-3Km-Shanga LGA
• Shanga-Dugu Raha Road – 2Km -ShangaLGA
• Ngaski-Wawu Road-5Km – Ngaski LGA
• Ngaski-Gafara Road -3Km- Ngaski LGA
• Kware Marbawa Road – 4.71Km – Kware LGA
• Yar-Barade – Kagaran Masu Road – 1.3Km – Kware LGA
• Hamma’ali Clinic Road- 0.60Km – Kware LGA
The African Development Bank (AfDB) in collaboration with FMARD developed the Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Program Phase I (ATASP-I), which is being funded by the AfDB as its contribution to agricultural development in Nigeria. The ATASP-I will be implemented in 5 years in four staple crop processing zones (SCPZs) of Adani-Omor, Bida-Badaggi, Kano-Jigawa and Kebbi -Sokoto. The Program will cover 28 LGAs in seven States of Anambra, Enugu, Kano, Kebbi, Jigawa, Niger, and Sokoto.
In Kebbi-Sokoto SCPZ, the program will be implemented in Eight Local Government Areas, seven LGAs from Kebbi State namely, Argungu, Bagudo, Birnin-Kebbi, Dandi, Ngaski, Shanga and Suru, while in Sokoto State; the program will be implemented in Kware Local Government Area for both infrastructure and value chain development.